NFL Picks Against the Spread
It should be no surprise that the National Football League is the most popular betting sport in the United States because of its nonstop action and drama. Football is also one of the few sports where even the biggest underdog has a chance to win on gameday, which can make betting against the spread attractive. When it comes time to put your money down, how can you make sure you’re making smart NFL picks against the spread?
You don’t need to be a mathematical wizard to get NFL expert picks against the spread – that’s the work of Sports Information Traders’ experts each week. But if you are new to spread bets, there are some things you need to understand before getting in on the action. Here’s a quick guide to making good picks each week.
Our 2022-2023 NFL Season will deliver each game preview with a betting prediction free of charge. We have developed a betting algorithm for our readers that will deliver a play from the computer generated model to help avoid human error and bias for our readers and subscribers.
Factors Involved in NFL Spread Betting
Points spreads add another dimension to the betting odds presented each week. Simply put, a spread evens out the odds between two teams, giving bettors a reason to root for the longshot team. In addition to having negative odds, the team predicted to be the winner will also have negative points in the spread.
There are several factors that every bettor should consider before making NFL picks against the spread. First, consider the team’s key statistics, including passing efficiency and turnovers. If the underdog team’s starting quarterback has a high completion rate and strong touchdown-to-turnover ratio, there’s a strong chance they can stay competitive throughout the game and stay within the spread.
Defensive and special teams statistics can also guide you on whether or not you should be making NFL picks against the spread this week. Strong defenses that don’t allow scoring can keep a game close. If the lesser team has a suffocating defensive side, that can stifle points scoring and keep the game within the spread. On the other side, if the favorite team has a high number of punts on fourth down each week, they may have trouble scoring and ultimately overcoming the spread.
Let’s consider all of this in an example:
EXAMPLE POINTS SPREAD BETTING
|Tampa Bay||-11 (-110)||-500|
Using the American Odds system, we know that Tampa Bay is heavily favored to beat Miami in this game. With the points spread, we also see that Tampa is also expected to win by at least 11 points. We also note that points spread betting is at near even odds with a small vig (commission fee) built in for the sportsbook.
Even though Tampa Bay may have one of the most exciting offensive attacks in sports today, it’s important to look at how Miami plays week-to-week. If their defense doesn’t allow many yards-per-play or their quarterback plays at a high level, it may signal that they could be one of the best NFL picks against the spread.
After your research, let’s say you bet $110 on Miami. If Tampa wins by a score of 14-10, you would win $100 betting against the spread because Tampa only won by three points instead of the predicted 11-point spread. But If Tampa wins by a score of 24-10, you would lose because they “covered” the spread, or won by a margin larger than the spread.
Best NFL Picks Against the Spread
Making smart NFL picks against the spread requires a lot of attention to detail, requiring you to keep up to date on NFL sports betting news every day. Any changes to the starting lineup can change the points spread before the start of the game, ultimately affecting your odds.
When it comes to making the best NFL picks against the spread, there’s nothing better than expertise. With a combined total of over 60 years, our experts have deep insights on each game to give you the top opportunities every week. When you get a Sports Information Traders package, we provide you with picks based on deep analysis of each team and proprietary models to give you the best chance. Whether you are betting against the spread or looking for hidden opportunities in the sportsbook each week, Jon Price and his team can help you get the inside line towards success.
Get the Best NFL Game Insights from Sports Information Traders
You can’t afford to place wagers without the insight of the sports betting authority. Get NFL expert picks against the spread each week from Sports Information Traders, and increase your odds of winning every time. Sign up for a package today, or contact us today to get a consultation from our specialists.
Sports Information Traders Daily NFL Picks & NFL News Articles
- Super Bowl LVI Prop Bet PicksThere are prop bets that exist throughout the NFL season, but no game has more available than the Super Bowl. Prop bets are a way for regular gamblers to have some fun, and new gamblers to find an intriguing way to put some money down. With all that said, some… Read more »
- Super Bowl LVI Prediction and PicksAt the beginning of the year, no one could’ve expected the Super Bowl to be the Cincinnati Bengals and the Los Angeles Rams. Maybe some Rams fans felt like they were Super Bowl contenders, but the Bengals were coming off of a rough year with their quarterback going down with… Read more »
- NFL Conference Championship Picks Against the Spread and Over/UndersAfter a truly sensational slate of games last week, the NFL Conference Championship games have a lot to live up to. All four games were very close, and some absurd finishes still have people talking about how it all played out. When the dust settled, three road teams advanced to… Read more »
- AFC Divisional Round NFL Picks Against the Spread and Over/UndersEight teams remain in the NFL playoffs, with a big weekend ahead to figure out how everything plays out. The Cincinnati Bengals and Tennessee Titans face-off on Saturday, with Buffalo and Kansas City battling it out on Sunday. At this stage, all eight teams believe that they have what it… Read more »
- NFC Wild Card Picks Against The SpreadThe three wildcard games in the NFC in 2022 look to be pretty competitive overall. Only one game has a spread over a touchdown, and realistically, all six teams could move on and evolve into legitimate Super Bowl contenders. What are the picks against the spread for the three games… Read more »
- AFC Wildcard Picks Against the SpreadThe longest NFL regular season in the history of the league is finally over. Six teams will compete in the AFC Wildcard round this weekend, with plenty on the line for all. With no truly dominant team all season long, all six believe that they can win a Super Bowl… Read more »
- Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers NFL Playoffs Betting Tips and Best BetsThe bookmakers think this season’s NFC Wild Card Round game between the Dallas Cowboys and San Francisco 49ers will be a relatively close one, with the Cowboys favored by 3.5 points. AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas will host the matchup on January 16, 2022, starting at 4:30 PM ET. The… Read more »
- Alabama vs. Georgia: NCAA College Football Championship Game PredictionsThe college football season comes to a close Monday night as the two best teams battle it out one more time. The Georgia Bulldogs and the Alabama Crimson Tide are coming off of convincing semifinal victories in the college football playoff. Now, they face each other for the second time… Read more »
- NFL Week 18 Saturday Picks Against The SpreadAfter a long NFL season, Week 18 is finally here. It kicks off with two games on Saturday, followed by a full slate of Sunday games. The schedule makers tried to do their best by making Saturday one of the more intriguing days. It might not have worked out exactly… Read more »
- Week 17 NFL Sunday Picks Against The SpreadThere are just two weeks left in the regular season, as teams are jockeying for position to set themselves up for a potential Super Bowl run. For those teams that are out of the hunt, they might not have much to play for, but the players are still fighting for… Read more »